August 17, 2009

Wednesday August 12

Day "off". I had the Spanish-French exchange with L. in Bryant Park. I told him about my last "adventures" in Spanish. Tried to anyway. L. told me in French about his last cooking and his 1st visit to Coney Island with his wife last week end. We had lunch together at a nearby self. Then an other trip with a suitcase to J. Street. I had a light dinner in a café - a "café" is in fact a restaurant, a "coffee shop" is a tea room and a "dinner" is a restaurant but as well a "restaurant" is a restaurant - next to the dance studio. I'm a regular client there by now. I only noticed the 2d time I went that they include 10 % service charge on the check (bill). I previously paid religiously 15 % tips. No wonder I had a big welcome the 2d time round !

No comments: