August 17, 2009

Sunday August 16

Day off off. I stayed at home most of the day to sort out things, do some cleaning in the house, picked up my laundry and wrote in this blog !
In the evening I went to the Maccabi Games Inauguration in Madison Square Garden. It's a huge stadium next to Pen Station. I was invited by JASA. The Maccabi Games are the Olympics for Israël and the Jewish Diaspora. The athletes are 12-16 years old from U.S.A. , Canada, Venezuela and Israël. The first one was held in 1982.
At the door they couldn't find my name on their list but they nevertheless very kindly let me in for free. However I didn't know where the Jasa people were so I picked up a seat at random. There was some broadway singing, some choregraphy and of course some speach and the procession of athletes. They had a ceremony regarding the 1972 Munich Olympic tragedy. I left at 9 (it started at 7) after the oaths.

No comments: