August 17, 2009

Saturday August 15

By the way : we didn't have any rain for at least 10 days. Temperature are in the 90's and it is mostly sunny. A bit humid but bearable - for me anyhow.
I had commited myself to go to open "Coney Island" from 1 'till 3 p.m. There was a neighborhood party and they needed to get access to the fridge. I met the boarding committee of the residence association and went for lunch in a Russian restaurant in Brighton Beach where I am by now a regular too. Needless to say it's on the walk board facing the Ocean so I'm happy. Back to the center I actually didn't have to let any people in. They didn't ask to. I believe they had very few customers for their hamburgers. Every body was either away or on the beach 2 minutes away on foot.
Today I had the voice lesson with S. in Long Island. I was there around 5:30. She was obviously disappointed for me too that the show didn't take place. Nevertheless she encouraged me to get an other gig as soon as possible and we looked at new songs to work on.

No comments: