August 17, 2009

Friday August 14

Early start again to go to Coney Island. I'm so overwhelmed every time I see the Ocean, watching people jogging, strolling, having a good time... On Fridays the seniors have aerobic and art & crafts. They have lunch - sandwiches and salads - paid by Jasa on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. I didn't stay for the art & crafts and I walked back to the station with L., the fitness instructor. L. told me how she came into teaching. She used to be in business while always very keen on fitness. Her husband being the Manager of a Gym, he asked her one day to teach fitness to a small group. And eventually, gradually, she saw that it was "her calling" and became a full time fitness instructor.
Back to the City I went through the routine "café-dance lesson". I really like the way D. teaches. He's very patient and has a nice way to humor you. Beside his job D. takes ballet dancing lessons three times a week.
At home R. is recovering from his burns, B. is mourning his cat, J is J, O. is coming back tonight from a business trip, Y. just bought a new camera. It's a 1970's Japanese copy from the 1st submarine camera created by French people in the 40's ! So she's got the perfect excuse to go to the beach every day :)

No comments: