August 24, 2009

Thursday October

Today in Coney Island I lost again at Bingo but at least I started to figure out the different coins : dime, nickel, quarter... hum still quite confusing ! With Y. , one of my room mate and friend, we had planned to meet up at the weekly free New Museum evening 7:00-9:00. (see : http://www.newmuseum.org/about/)I had a dance lesson at 6:05 so we agreed on 7:25. As it happened there was some kind of misanderstanding with D. The lesson was in fact at 7:50.
The good thing about it was I had a chance to watch the dancers in the studio. It is not only a place for teaching but as well for professionals to rehersal. There is for example a couple who are on latin dancing and are at the 3d top level in U.S.A. Absolutely amazing.
Anyway I sent a 1st text message to Y. to tell her I'll be delayed and then eventually a voice message to say that I won't be able to make it. And I erased the address of the museum from my digital diary. After the class Y. had sent me a reply to my text message saying : "no problem, give me a call when you'll be there" So I looked into my A-Z map book and eventually arrived at 9:00 at the wrong address ! (Yes I know it's one of my specialities :) They had moved a few blocks east since the map came out !
Poor Y. visited the museum on her own. We went on the train back home together though.

No comments: