June 24, 2011

Day out with National Trust (2)

We then went off to Stratford on Avon where we had lunch. We only had 45 minutes to spare so I bought a couple of sandwiches and a banana. The weather was a bit unsettled but nice enough to eat on a bench in the park by the river.
The butterfly farm people were waiting for us for a guided tour. It's open all year round and it's minutes away on foot from the town centre.
I'm not as keen on animals and plants as I am on buildings to be honest. Hence I skipped the visit to take refuge in a nice bar restaurant by the river. I had a cup of tea while reading "The Paris Wife" by Paula Mc Lain. It's a novel-biography through the eyes of Ernest Hemingway's first wife. Fascinating stuff.
Anyway. By the time I was ready to take a stroll the group emerged from the farm and I had a long chat with a new member and then it was time to go back to the coach.

No comments: