June 27, 2011

Berlin : Day 2

The 3 ladies and myself staying at the B & B - or known as "the Uhland 4" - headed off to Bauhaus Archiv Museum. I had lunch there. I learnt a lot about this Bauhaus School which leaded to quite a few every day objects, furniture and architecture. Uhland 4 went on to visit the Filmmuseum Berlin. I started from the upper floor where there was an exhibition on German TV in the 70's. It actually brought me quite a few memories as it made reference to "Chadocks", Jean-Claude Averty programmes, clips of various singers from this era...
We met up with the rest of the group at Operncafé on Unter Den Liden. It's in a former palace with a deco half way between Art Deco & Rococo (quoting Guide du Routard) and has a display of at least 50 different cakes. I had the one dedicated to Mozart.
Uhland 4 for had then to go back to the Persian restaurant next to their B & B to collect their new keys. They were actually quite happy to have an early night.

No comments: