September 21, 2009

Tuesday September 15th : my brother for lunch at home

My only brother had a nice surprise for me : he emailed me last week end saying that he'd be in NY for less than 24 hours, arriving from Toronto. He had already some engagements on his 1st and only night and on the following and last morning so he had the possibility left on Tuesday lunch time before catching his flight back to Paris. As C. Street is only 20 minutes by cab from JFK it was the sensible thing to do. F. was probably a bit chocked when he saw our house which is not really luxurious and in desperate need of repairs. As for the neighbourhood , with the shops closing one after the other, it is very different from F's usual surroundings.
Nevertheless I was very pleased to see him and at least one member of my family has a better idea of where I live.

No comments: