September 23, 2009

Monday September 21st : I nearly opened a bank account

I had picked up a bank situated in Mid Town Manhattan next to my favorite deli / grocery shop. The person who had first greeted last week and with whom I had an appointment was from Gabon and so was a French speaker. To open a bank account all you need is a passport, an other ID and a proof of where you currently live in this country (utility bill at your name or a contract lease). I had met by chance our landlord at the week end and asked him about the contract lease. Unfortunately he hasn't done it for me yet so the appointment I had made at the bank was useless.
I then had the last dance lesson with D. I have decided to spend the last lessons with his girl-friend. We were a bit sad to part from each other. I mean we are going to keep in touch and hopefully see each other next year.

No comments: