September 19, 2009

Saturday September 12 : Dance Party

D., my dance teacher invited me to join him to a dance party. It was held in a dance studio similar to the one where he is teaching me but with bigger rooms. The principle is quite straight forward : you pay $ 15 per head and you can dance non-stop from 9:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. And most people there just do that : they dance, and dance & dance and then go home or wherever. They do it very seriously. Not really any time to joke, talk or drink.
Saying that I had fun myself. Firstly because D. is a funny guy and told me things like : "think yourself as a tiger, Benoit, looking out for your next lady to dance with..." OK... Then he had fun himself with his dancing partners. And finally I had a go with several ladies : one I made her dizzy (and me too), an other one afterwards D. told me "to be careful not to break any arms", and someone said to D. about the way I danced "he's a bit rusty but he's OK".

No comments: