August 19, 2011

Mid-August Stay in France (3)

On Monday - by the way 15th August is a bank holiday in France, the Catholic church is celebrating Mary's going to heaven - I went to Aix en Provence to have lunch - in a Labonese restaurant - with my friend J.J. He is an artist, see his blog : http://enarcane17.unblog.fr/
Afterwards we went for a walk 10 minutes away by car from Aix. It's part of the charm of this area : you're very quickly in the middle of nowhere. I went back to Montpellier in the afternoon and had dinner at my friends D. & J.M's.
On Tuesday I went to the hairdresser's in Nîmes. K. is sort of a friend by now so whenever I can I go to his salon. K. is fascinated by berlin and intends to live there part of the time next year. He will keep his business in Nîmes. At lunchtime I met C. from the S.P.F. Unfortunately they don't seem to have a website in English but do have a look : http://www.secourspopulaire.fr/. I have been a volunteer in the late 90's and early 2000's and I learnt a lot with them. They have not only great ideas about the fact that anybody can be helping in any small way to change things but they actually involve a lot of people from all streams of life.
In the evening I was invited in Cap d'Agde. In the textile area. My friends B & D from Orléans had rented a flat there.
On Wednesday I went on the train again to go to Orléans.

No comments: