August 16, 2011

Mid-August Stay in France (1)

For once - and in fact I've been doing it every 2 years or so - I went down to France by the relatively slow way : train and on the ferry. Every time I really enjoy it : seeing the English coast "disappearing"" from view and 90 minutes later saying "hello" to the continent. On the other hand the only small disadvantage is that you have to keep your luggage with you all the time. I have even tried to leave it in the restaurant before eating there to take a photo outside, that's just a plain "no way". On the way out from the ship I encountered a French student. K. is at Montpellier University and has a multicultural family from Wales and China, among other origins. He was going to Lille too so we spent the time chatting away on the train.

No comments: