August 03, 2011

Ben's Travel Services : my new business venture / New blog : http://bentravelservicesinparis.blogspot.com/

I had this idea for some time. To help out people wanting to visit Paris but neither in a group nor without someone to guide them. I'm not talking about a proper touristic guide. They are plenty of guiding books or professional guides about. I'm talking about pragmatic help like going from the airport / station to the hotel by public transport. I'm thinking about people who are lacking of confidence to travel on their own. It's actually not only a question of confidence. Everyone has experienced the arrival in a strange place, probably both tired and over excited : "where is this *## bus / train to get to the city centre ?" And then where and how to start your visit(s) ? What the best way to travel around ? Where can I find a nice restaurant within my budget ? You'll probably tell me that all this info can be find online / in a guide book. True ! Let's say then that I cater for people who are looking for an easy life while on holiday and for a native who can tell them what to do what to say...
As most of my followers here know I'm from Orléans, one hour by train from Paris. Since I was a teenager I have been going to Paris fairly often to visit family, for medical appointments or for "pure" leisure. Lately I have enjoyed being a tourist in Paris thanks to enthusiastic Paris lovers like my friend T. And I like very much the company of English spoken people therefore I think I can do this new job !

Needless to say I won't expect my customers to pay for my travel expenses. Hopefully I'll get the timing right between my own trips and theirs. As I said on my new blog - http://bentravelservicesinparis.blogspot.com/ - I don't have a tariff as such. I intend to discuss with the clients what they expect from me and how much they are willing to pay me.

Finally I better point out again than I'm not a travel agent and I'm doing this mainly for my own pleasure.

See you in Paris ?



1 comment:

Butlerbythesea said...

Yes guidance is always useful for a tourist and if you have some knowledge about the place it will be easy for a person to travel there