March 18, 2011

Venice : Day 3

Today has been a lovely day. Even quite warm at times. I spent the morning in the Cannaregio where used to be the Jewish Ghetto. I wanted to have lunch in a local restaurant unknown to most tourists. Except if you have the right travel guide. I was there at 12:30. It was fully packed with Venezian people. They asked me to come back at 1. I went back to the hotel to get change and came back at 1:30. They asked me to wait a further 10 minutes. 30 minutes later they let me in with a French couple. We had to share a table. So we had a chat, talking mostly about food as you do among French... I must say it was nice to be able to break for a short while from my solitude and to have a laugh !
It's nice to notice that over here when you try to speak Italian they most of the time answer you back in Italian. No offence but I resent the fact that as a tourist in some places they speak to you systematically in English.
After lunch I went back to the hotel where I had a rest and dined.

No comments: