March 16, 2011

Venice : Day 1

"Cheap & cheerful" flight this morning from East Midlands. We took off in the mist and landed in the mist too. It has been raining in Venice most of the day. Funny enough I have been watching the local news in my room and there is actually floodings in the area and Venice might be next...
Anyway. It's the 4th time (3d as an adult) I'm coming here and once again my breath has been taken away as soon as we arrived by water bus near the City. My hotel is at the other end of the Grand Canal, opposite the railway station, in the neighborhood called "Santa Croce". I had picked up a restaurant in one of my guide, only a few minutes away from the hotel. I tried to get there thanks to the Iphone sat nav... I only ended up going round and round. Venice is a place where one has to get lost... At the end I entered into a "trattoria" at random. I had to ask for the menu I saw outside. And thanks to a few words in Italian the waiter even smiled to me. The food was fresh, simple and nice.
Right now I'm watching a soap style comedy on"la Cinque". Would you believe it ?
Buena sera.


No comments: