January 11, 2011

My Baptist Years (3)

So I visited a couple of Bible Schools in the Paris suburbs and an other one in Switzerland. I prayed God to help me to choose. He definitively said I had to go to the nicest one in Switzerland. This school was indeed very nice. Located on a hill - actually nicknamed by the locals "Angels' hill" - above the Geneva Lake nearby a village above Vevay. It was run by an American couple and although it was French speaking, the students were from all over. I quickly settled in my new life and beside the courses I was a volunteer for a protestant scout movement. I was in charge of a small group of teenager boys. One winter and snowy week end with a colleague we organised a treasure hunt in the mountain. We had booked a chalet to stay all together overnight. The scouts had to start from Vevay station and thanks to the clues should have ended up at the chalet for dinner. Unfortunately they got lost because I mixed up the envelopes and we had no idea were they were ! Once again a miracle happened : we managed to find them - remember it was in neolithic times : no mobile phone, no sat nav - guided only by the Lord. We nevertheless were told off by the parents and our scout supervisor. Repentance was in order...
I enjoyed myself as well outdoors. We were only minutes away on the train from a cross country skiing area. I practiced this sport whenever I could. The teacher who was in charge of my studying was not impressed. I can vividly remember when he corned me as I was getting out of the school with the skis : "when do you get a minute to do your homework ? I have been looking after you for weeks..." I probably just repented again...
Obviously everything seemed fine but I still didn't had resolved anything. During the following Easter Holidays at my parents I broke down again. I never completed the 1st Bible School year. I was back to square one.

No comments: