January 18, 2010

Weird Saturday

I had planned to go to Leeds to visit my friend C. from Lille. I started around 10 with my new car and GPS. We were quite happy the 3 of us. Then, only about 5 minutes away, the car came to a stop : the clutch gave in ! I just had time to pull on a drive. I phoned up the warranty service and waited 3 hours before to get rescued ! They drove me back with the car at the dealership. There they told me that, being a Saturday, they couldn't let me a courtesy car. But they offered to give me a lift back in town. I had to wait a further 2 hours before they had the time to do so.
I didn't give up my week end plan all together though. I had lunch - well a five o'clock lunch - and made my way to the railway station. I actually got lost on foot, believe it or not and missed the 7:15 train and eventually caught the following one and arrived at 10 in Leeds to have dinner with C. !
We had a very nice meal at an Indian restaurant on the river banks.

No comments: