January 13, 2010

How my day went

The International Bank phoned me this morning. They need more info on my income... And couldn't accept an utility bill printed from a web... So eventually I had to go back to the Local Branch to get my driving licence faxed. I had some times to kill - knitting away - so I had a cup of tea and a jam-nd-cream-scone at Greta's living tea room (see : http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Eating-Greta-s-Living-Room-Cafe-city-centre/article-1148156-detail/article.html).
I was then supposed to meet up with my friend M. and his friend A2 (M's boy friend is called A too hence the "A2") to see the film Sherlock. Well, I got it all mixed up, I waited for them at Broadway Cinema instead of the show case and then I couldn't see Sherlock on the films listing (now days on those electronic boards after the beginning of the film it's erased, no kidding !). So I went to see "Sex Drugs and Rock & Roll" instead. After a while - that is after all the advertising, reviews and 20 minutes into the film - I realised I had to go because I had to have lunch before my appointment at the chiropodist's. I had a bite at the Broadway cafeteria.
By the way over there last night they had a French food evening. I had a very nice ratatouille.
Some more time to spend on knitting so back at Greta's.
Then on the bus to go to J's, my new voice teacher. It went fine.
Oh ! If you come to Nottingham give me a shout ! I'll meet you at Greta's !

No comments: