January 20, 2010

Bank / Car Insurance

Eventually I'm giving up on having a bank account in ££. I had a word about it with my financial adviser. He said that a bank account based in the Isle of Man is considered by the French Tax Man as a way to avoid taxes i.e it would look like suspicious and I would get into trouble...
When I bought the car last Friday the seller arranged for me to have a 7 days free insurance. It is ending tomorrow. I didn't take time to "fish around" so I had decided to go along with this company. Well, they couldn't accept payment through my oversea account and for some mysterious reasons my international credit card didn't get through... So 1st thing in the morning tomorrow I have to go to a high street insurance broker.
"French Help Services, could you help me ?"
"No, sorry, we only work for people relocating from English speaking countries to Montpellier area, not the other way round, on your bike Ben !"

No comments: