July 29, 2011

Stay in Orléans (3)

On Tuesday I went to St Benoit s/ Loire to have lunch with my family friend E. from Briare Le Canal. E.'s parents knew my grand parents on my mother side very well so somehow he's part of the family memory. I then went to Briare itself for a "pelgrimage" : the church where are some of my grand father's sculptures, the cemetary and the "Pont Canal" (see 3/8/10 entry).
On Wednesday I met up with my friends B & B. We had lunch at "Le Lièvre Gourmand". It used to be in Sologne and the chef is from Australia. It's really really really a nice restaurant with inventive food. In the afternoon I visited Mme R. who I've known for nearly 30 years and is now in her late 90's. She lives on her own with her dog and she is amazingly "with it".

It has been nice for once to take time to travel round the "Orléannais" and see friends.

No comments: