July 31, 2009

Friday : Coney Island and Long Island

I went to the Senior Center in Coney Island this morning. R., the director told me I had to be more interactive... more talkative with the people there.
In the afternoon I met S. , my voice teacher, at Penn Station and we traveled together to her home. It was nice to see her again and to catch up on each other news. We discussed about my next "concert" in the West Side Jasa center on the 12th. I didn't feel I could be ready for this date but S. said providing I limited myself to 5 songs I could possibly do it. On the other hand I have decided to look for a coach to help me out in between S's lessons.
I caught a train back which was apparently heading very close to home. In NYC you can't trust a station name as you actually have several stations bearing the same names and which end up in totally different places. Anyway to keep it short it took me 3 hours to get back home instead of maximum 90 minutes even with the detour through Manhattan...

No comments: