February 05, 2009

Salon Créatif du Cheveu / Notting Hill

Today I had an appointment at the hairdresser's on Madison Avenue near 78th Street :
www.rudolfovalentin.com ; Rudolfo is one of my friend's brother. The salon is on a 3d floor and the elevator opens directly into the creative worshop for the hair. You're welcomed by the receptionist with Valentino's dog on a lead.
Rudolfo Valentino immediately saw what needed to be done on me. "Too many colors" he said. I am blond with some dark hair still showing and a grey and dark bear. So he ordered his staff to harmonize my head by darkening my bear and cutting my hair so as to have a nice balance between blond and dark... Real professionalism !
On my way to Valentino's I came across a very nice bookshop : Crowford Doyle Booksellers, 1082 Madison Av E 81st Sreet. It reminded me of Hugh Grant's shop in Notting Hill... all wood paneled... old fashioned look. And you can tell that the staff is dedicated to their job... they are not just "selling books" if you know what I mean... They have avery nice selection too.
I bought an American dictionary and I know now the right address for books... what a relief !

No comments: