April 15, 2011

My last outings and other news

At the beginning of the month I spent a week end at my friends E & J in W. We had a lovely time going round York and then Whiteby on the east coast.
I found out how I'm going to do the prompt for "Copenhagen" at West Bridgeford Drama Society : I'm going to be in black standing on a stool back stage. I have already been to several rehearsals but I'm going to be really useful after Easter when the actors are supposed to know their lines by heart.
I went to see a play at the Playhouse : "Oedipus". It was very good. (see: http://www.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/search/?search=oedipus&x=0&y=0) There was a large and long table on stage. Oedipus was seating on the middle with country folks on each side. Characters would froze in postures with feeling. There was as well a hint of Sicilian atmosphere... Unfortunately my friend T. couldn't make it as he broke down with his car on the way ! Actually he did go to New York as planned and he saw Pt Obama passing by in his car !
Last Sunday I had yet an other birthday party in Ashby De La Zouch, it was a Sunday Lunch in a traditional restaurant called La Zouch. They have a fantastic wine cellar. The party went very well and everybody - most people did not know each other- enjoyed discussing and chating. We are considering doing a get together next year.
That's about all my news. Oh ! Very Last Minute : I just got a new keyboard ! See next post.

No comments: