December 29, 2010

Christmas in Paris

Like every year my parents & I went to Paris to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Paris at my brother's. This time round though my niece G. was among us for the 1st time ! She's really a lovely & nice baby. She never cries !
My brother cooked us one of his speciality : "Le Gigot de 7 heures" - lamb cooked very slowly in the oven with a few vegetables.
Christmas Day we met up again to see an exhibition at the Geoorges Pompidou Centre : Mondrian (see : dhttp://www.centrepompidou.fr/Pompidou/Manifs.nsf/0/BCC6CE781B245AA7C125777D0054F13D?OpenDocument&sessionM=&L=2&form=) Afterwards we had lunch in a local Brasserie. My brother was a bit in a rush because they didn't have a high chair hence he couldn't feed his daughter here & there. He went back to their flat and we joined them there for the coffee / tea.
My parents went back in the afternoon to Orléans. I stayed over myself as I was going to see my friend D. the following day.
I spent a nice evening on my own in Quartier Latin. I had a meal at "Le Balzar" rue des Ecoles. It's nice but they basically want you to get out as soon as possible ! Next to this traditional brasserie (although be aware it's now part of the group "Flo") there is a nonetheless famous cinema "Le Champo". They only show old films. I saw "L'Adolescence de Casanova" (Casanova's teenage years). See : http://www.lechampo.com/programme.php?titre=Casanova,%20un%20adolescent%20%E0%20Venise.
Funny & light : just what you want on a Christmas Day.
Sunday I had lunch with D. at "Les Editeurs" on Carrefour de l'Odéon. Nice, cosy, reasonably priced good food. D. was at my birthday in Sommières but it was nice to have a full day together to catch up on news and discuss about Life.
We then visited the exhibition André Kertestz at Jeu de Paume (see : http://www.jeudepaume.org/index.php?page=article&idArt=1312&lieu=7) before having a last drink in rue Royale. I would have like to go to Angelina's but there was too much queuing to get in and it was too cold !
So all in all it has been once again a lovely Christmas. I hope you had a nice time too whenever possible.

No comments: