November 03, 2010

Week end in Manchester (3)

Sunday I went round Salford. Salford is officially part of Manchester but has got its own identity. hence I do apologize if I have labelled photos "Salford" which might be outside Salford... There is a museum which opened last March : People's History Museum. See : http://www.phm.org.uk/. I saw their temporary exhibition on the death and the working class. Quite interesting. At some point there was like a jigsaw with several words & sentences to choose from to write down one's epitaph. Mine happened to be : "get sweet chocolate" (I like it very dark actually).
Manchester still have about 4 different railway station still in use. (4th one being Salford Central) From Nottingham you can end up at Piccadilly, Oxford Road or Victoria. I arrived at Piccadilly and on the way out I had to catch a train at Oxford Road. Although I didn't realise that it then stops at Victoria ! So I had lunch at the Malmaison Brasserie (quite nice) near Victoria and walked to Oxford Road.

No comments: