October 30, 2010

Week end in Manchester (1)

Do you remember I told you that I had been invited to sing in a festival in Manchester ? (see entry 9/9/10)Well, it was supposedly today but it didn't happen. I'm not sure exactly why but most probably on some problems over the organisation. I had already booked the hotel so I decided to spend nevertheless the week end in Manchester. I had already been once on a short visit while in L. with my friend from L. (see entry 19/5/10)
Last night I walked round the City Centre and ended up in Canal Street, the famous Gay Village HQ. It was dead specially compared to last May.
This morning I first headed off for the Northern Quarter where there are several noticeable small commercial Art Galleries. But the weather being so nice I keep on walking. I then went back to the City Centre and had lunch in the historic Old Wellington Inn (next to the nonetheless famous Sinclair's Oyster Bar.

No comments: