September 09, 2010

Update / News

Singing : I've been invited to perform 2 French songs in Manchester at the end of October. It's a melting pot Music and Art Festival. The idea being as well to help the artists on the day to get promoted. They will produce business cards, flyers and website pages.
Piano : still enjoying it. I've started to learn popular film songs.
Volunteering : at the WRVS-Health-Centre- café I can do latte & cappuccino coffees now. There is really a nice atmosphere and I'm quite friendly with quite a few regular clients i.e. mainly NHS Staff. There has been some delays in matching me with a person on the befriend er scheme for Alzheimer and as I'm busier and busier I think I'm going to give up.
French lessons : I just started with a new student. A. is from Roumania and can speak fluently. However he wants to brush up his French as he's going to go to live in France next year.
Book Club at White Rabbit : last meeting was last Tuesday. We were 6 and it's fairly enjoyable. We were reading "1599, a year in the life of W. Shakespeare" by Shapiro. Next month we'll be discussing "Across the River, along the trees" by Ernest Hemingway.
Family : my niece is 7 months. I baby sit ted her the other day in Paris. She is truly lovely.
Montpellier : I have rented my flat for 12 months to an American from Arizona. I still go back once a month though as well as in Orléans. 2 days in each place.

No comments: