July 29, 2010

Motoring down to France

I left Nottingham last Thursday. First stop over : Wakefield at my friends E & J. On the way I saw a bit of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park (see : http://www.ysp.co.uk/view.aspx?id=3). On Friday we visited Sandal Castle and Brodsworth Hall (see : http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/brodsworth-hall-and-gardens/). Still on my way down (?!) to France I went to Leeds to help out my friend C. to move back down to L. On Saturday we hit the road and early evening we went round Canterbury. I was hopping to go the Cathedral Crypt. My friend P. from L. has an icon there I wanted to see again. The Cathedral was already closed so I guess I'll have to come back on the 8th when I'll be driving back to Nottingham.
C. & I had decided to have a overnight break before to catch the ferry in Dover on Sunday morning. The cheapest hotel I could find in the area happened to be in Clacton-On-Sea. But I didn't realise that it's actually quite a few miles away. We had a Cantonese-Tea at Southend-On-Sea and reached Clacton at 11:30 p.m.

No comments: