June 16, 2010

London last Thursday

My niece was there so I went down to see her. She's a lovely baby. G. is starting to speak baby international language.
I went to visit the Henry Moore exhibition at Tate Britain. It is a retrospective right from the 20's to the 60's. His art is far less cheerful than I thought. But it's quite powerful. During the war he stopped doing sculptures and he was drawing. Refugees in shelters and coal miners in his Dad's former coal mine.
I then went on a guide-book-walk around Regent's Park & Canal. The weather was so so but I avoided most of the rain when I stopped for tea & cake at the Cricket Club Hub.
I spent the evening with my brother, his partner and their daughter. I left London the following morning as I was expected my friends J & E in Nottingham for the week end.

No comments: