November 07, 2009

Piano and singing

Back to the routine ? Not quite. Among my resolutions when I came back from N.Y was to learn the piano. I bought an electronic key-board and I found a piano teacher. First lesson last Friday. I started again - I played the piano decades ago - with the very famous method called "la méthode rose" (the pink method). It has accompanied generations of learners.
Yesterday I went to a half day training course : Brazilian percussion. We learnt how to (try to) perform a sing in Brazilian while playing the percussion. We actually managed to do it, 15 people singing and playing instruments, it was really fun.
The other main resolution I had was to do concerts again. So I've planned to do one at home on Sunday December 6. My pianist friend C. will accompany me and then play his own pieces. Then on Saturday December 19 I will be singing in le Bookshop (ex-Book in Bar). Hopefully a pianist will be there too.

No comments: