October 07, 2009

Gender confusion again !

Yesterday I went to Penn Station to retrieve my train tickets for Washington DC. Yes, I'm going to spend next week end over there. I gave the confirmation # along with my passport to the lady at the desk. From then the dialogue went like so :
(the lady, after having checked on her computer) "It says Mrs, it says Mrs, it says Mrs..."
(Me) "But is it the same 1st & last name ?"
(The lady) " It says Mrs, it says Mrs, it says Mrs"
(Me) "Well, when I booked it online I probably forgot to change the title, but it's me !"
(The lady) "It says Mrs, it says Mrs, it says Mrs"
(Me) "Sorry about that, before getting on the train I'll make sure I'll have a hat or something to look like a lady"
At this point I actually at least made her smile :) She printed the ticket and I won't have to change sex to go to DC as this kind lady changed the title to "Mr" on the ticket.

No comments: