January 07, 2010

Start of a new life again !

I arrived yesterday. A few delays on the train but not much considering the weather conditions. I travelled with my piano under one arm and my knitting under the other. They both reached destination in good shape.
In the city itslef there isn't any snow as such but a few patches of snow on the pavements are icing overnight over and over. And to make it even more wintering we have an ice ring on Old Market Square. Anyway it's nice to be back there. It feels like reuniting with old sleepers !
I had - and still have - quite a few shopping to do (including new sleepers) today. I had lunch at the Broadway cinema cafeteria. See : http://www.broadway.org.uk/Main%20Pages/contact.php
I have quite a few memories down there. I have known it when they used to have only one screen. Once upon a time they showed "Cyrano" with Gerard Depardieu. At the end of the show there was a standing applause !!

No comments: